Tuesday, March 20, 2007

To the Office

This morning, I went with Jen to her mother's office. She had to do some training with another person to do what she does. It sounds more complicated than it looks to be, but how am I to judge since I have repeatedly made it clear that these modern times are confusing to me what with your computers and TVs and the like?

This office... The appearance of being unorganized was overwhelming. I admit my records were likely not as organized as some would have them to be, but this seemed to make even my attempts seem masterful.

I knew, of course, that Jen's work area is very cluttered but that is partly because she does so much in a very small area. (That is her story and I am sticking to it.) By the time we left that office, though, I was convinced it was a system that works for them. The woman (not Jen's mother) working there knew where everything was and what she needed to do.

There is a TV and a few of those things people seem to love talking into -- ah, that is right, telephones -- but no computer. I guess the only one they need is the one Jen works on and there would be no sense in having that at the office if she works at her house.

That brings up something else. Working away from where you live. I cannot think of an instance that was done during my time. Most living quarters were attached to the workspaces of the people. That is for another entry, however.

Though it does not apply to this since there is no mention of food nor of drinking, here is a toast to you regardless:

Here's to you and yours
And to mine and ours.
And if mine and ours
Ever come across to you and yours,
I hope you and yours will do
As much for mine and ours
As mine and ours have done
For you and yours!

We will be away from this computer for a few days so there will be no postings from me for a while. Jen assures me I will like the place we are going. The cabin is apparently designed after an old castle or cottage. We shall see.

Be well.

2 comments:

thewriterslife said...

Have fun, Keirnan Baby and tell Jen to take good care of you! Have fun!

Kiernan said...

aI have no doubt I will be well cared for.

Be well.