Saturday, March 24, 2007

Riding in Cars

I am becoming more accustomed to riding in these modern cars. I do not know if that is a good thing or not. The speed can be nearly intoxicating. Many times, though, I find I just no longer think about it.

That could be dangerous. Especially if, as I suspect, the drivers do the same and not think about it. I wonder if that is the cause of so many of these accidents I have heard about. Thankfully, I have never witnessed nor been involved in one. I pray it continues in that way.

We are receiving good feedback and helpful hints in the local writers' group that Jen goes to. This is good in that it allows me to know we are not far off base and it gives Jen the encouragement needed to keep going.

It amuses me greatly that her friends seemed to be impressed with the fact she is into chapter 18.

Tomorrow we will be in the car again -- I admit, I am weary of riding so much lately -- to go to her neices' birthday party. There are two of them both a year old. I hear tell they are the cutest twins around. I will be able to attest to that tomorrow evening, I am certain.

And only because I have gotten into the habit of posting blessings or toasts, here is something extra for you.

Here's a toast to your enemies' enemies!


Be well.

3 comments:

thewriterslife said...

Kiernan, I hope you don't plan to have kids because after tomorrow, well, I daresay continuing your lineage with future children might be out of the question. I hear dogs work great.

Nigel said...

Kiernan,
Just take books out of her hand while she's driving. I swear...it makes me crazy when Sandy reads while driving. One of these days she's going to end up in the hospital (have you seen the disarray in hospitals in this society!?) and I'm going to have to employ my geasa, which I don't have a very solid mastery of yet, to heal her. I don't want to rely on that...

All my best,
Nigel Taiman, master of Arcana

Kiernan said...

That, thankfully, is not something I need to be concerned about, Nigel. Jen doesn't drive, though there are some days she would much prefer it. Yesterday was one of those.

Be well.

Kiernan