Friday, March 23, 2007

The Setup

We have finally returned from being away for a few days. Jen is tired. She worked far more than she hoped to while we were gone. But by the same token, she wrote a lot (started and finished another chapter) and made some of her jewelry.

The cabin did look like an old cottage. An old American-style one. That did not detract from its charm, though.

We ate dinner with Jen's father. Some seafood and fish, I can understand. But why must people make such pigs of themselves? This is by no means geared toward anyone at our table but ones nearby. It was disgusting. Because of that, I will not spend any more time thinking on that.

I feel rather guilty. She was sitting here yawning, but I made her work on my story more tonight. I do not know if she did this to pay me back or if it was in her plan all along.

This is the chapter where Maeb leaves.

Why does it have to start on a happy note? Why can it not start with quarrels and fighting? Perhaps Jen knows what she is doing. I have to believe that. To do otherwise would be to admit defeat and believe my Maeb will not return to me. She has to. I would follow her clear across Ireland, or farther, to bring her back.

Health and life to you;
The mate of your choice to you;
Land without rent to you,
And death in Eirinn.

I believe I will go convince Jen to print what she has done tonight and go to sleep. Be well.

3 comments:

thewriterslife said...

Tee hee...ding dong the witch is gone, the wicked witch is gone...oops..sorry Keirnan...watching Wizard of Oz and I guess your post kind of well never mind. Hey, did you know she slept with your brother's third cousin twice removed on your great-grandmother's side of the family?

Kiernan said...

Dorothy,

If you continue to disparage my Maeb, I may be forced to find you and set you right on the matter. That would not be pleasant.

Be well.

Kiernan

thewriterslife said...

I love it when you talk sassy to me...sigh....