Thursday, March 8, 2007

Finished for Today

Why must things always get worse before they get better? And why do I have this feeling of dread that they will get even worse?

It is bad enough I cannot walk on my own in this ... scene as Jen calls it. But to be in the middle of a raid, unable to do anything, and find out Maeb has put herself in danger on the walls?

It is unthinkable.

If she were well, it would be different. Perhaps. I am still not convinced what she has in mind is what a woman should do, but she has insisted that to keep her "ignorant" (her word, not mine) is no protection at all and could actually be a liability.

So be it.

But when her broken ribs are not fully healed and when she carries my child, I will not allow her to put herself directly in harm's way.

I would rather not taunt the gods if it can be helped.

Seeing as I have already shared today's blessing with you (thankfully as I do not feel particularly blessed at the moment), I will bid you farewell.

Be well.

No comments: