Monday, March 26, 2007

Gone

Let us get the pleasantness out of the way first. My heart weighs too heavy to spend much time on this.

Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold beer—and another one!

As of this post, Maeb is gone.

She left.

She claims she was not respected or welcome in my house. She couldn't have been more wrong. When I find her, I will make it up to her.

There are some who would claim we were not meant to be together. There are some who would claim we are not soul mates. Let me tell you something about this idea of soul mates in my time.

There are many who come into your life who may, indeed, be soul mates to you. There is one that is special above and beyond that, though. There is one who is almost literally your second half. Your true match.

Your anam kara.

That is what Maeb is to me. I thought it was Aine when I was married to her. It wasn't until years after her death that I found out I was wrong. I have no doubt of this with Maeb. I have never felt anything like this as long as I have lived.

I am not one to speak of feelings and such matters. I do not wear my heart on my sleeve. That may be part of the problem I have had with Maeb. I do not often speak my heart nor my feelings. It seemed there was little point to it.

Perhaps I was wrong there as well.

I am weary.

Be well.

2 comments:

GeminiWisdom said...

Hello Kiernan,

I'm visiting you by way of your creator's blog...and on the recommendation of Dorothy Thompson. I'm totally behind in the game on your creator and she came to be writing about you, but I've had the opportunity to read about YOUR adventures. And to be honest, I'm hooked.

I don't normally read historical romances. But I love to read romance books.

Welcome to our world, Kiernan. I look forward to reading more about you.

Kiernan said...

Thank you much for stopping in.

I must admit, it has been an odd, oft-amusing journey in the writing of this. But it has been well worth it thus far.

Come by again if you wish.

Be well.

Kiernan