Thursday, March 8, 2007

Happiness

Even when I am angry with her, I love to see Jen happy. (Though not nearly so much as I do my Maeb.)

This morning, she was ready to get busy on her "day job stuff" so she can write (and repair the situation she caused for me last night, I hope!) and read. She decided to do "one last check" of her e-mail. (That is something else I will likely never understand so I will not even try, though I have to admit it makes correspondence considerably faster.)

There was one with a heading of "Writers Colony Info."

I have no way of knowing how many of you who read this know Jen applied for what she calls a fellowship at the Writers Colony at Dairy Hollow in a place called Eureka Springs, Arkansas. (I am writing this to you as she tells me what it is.) She was invited to a general residency, which she will be doing in June.

But back to the e-mail. It is a request for a biographical paragraph and a picture for what is called their directory.

I had to laugh at Jen's reaction. She did a little dance in her chair and laughed. I think she still cannot believe it is truly going to happen for her.

While I am here and I do not know if I will be back later today or not (as much as she is on this computer, it is likely I will be, but it is hard to tell), I will leave you with another Irish blessing.

May you live as long as you want,
And never want as long as you live.

Be well.

No comments: