Sunday, April 1, 2007

Oddities

It is passing odd to me that the story is told. It is completed.

Well, what Jen calls the "first draft" is finished. She will now have to go in and fill in some blanks, make some changes, and do some research. It seems my word is not enough, but then, even my memory can be faulty at times. In that regard, I cannot blame her.

She did not know what to do with herself yesterday and a large portion of today. It is something we have worked on in the evenings when she completed her work and as much as possible on the weekends. To sit idle yesterday was ... odd.

I knew when she wrote that it took me two weeks to get across Ireland it was wrong. Her answer to that, as to many other things, was "I just want to get the story down. I can go back and fix it later."

And indeed she will.

I am proud that this is done but sad also because I fear my time with her, with you, and even in this modern time that is so perplexing to me may be nearing an end. I have been indirectly assured by Nigel Taiman through the continuance of posts even after his creator's book has been accepted and published that this will not happen.

It is still a concern.

Be well.

4 comments:

thewriterslife said...

Oh man, Keirnan, it is sad. But just think...we all grow as time passes and perhaps there's a new Kiernan on the horizon...a different Kiernan who has journeyed with Jen through one of the greatest stories I've ever read and just think of all those people who are going to become your new friends and will idolize you and fantasize about you and take you to bed at night to read about you. Tell you what you can do now that the story has been written. Why don't you tell us about the journey where you will meet all these people and what they think of you and where Jen goes to carry on your message when she promotes you. Man, just think...Jen will be your spokesperson and can go all over the world on a virtual book tour...would you like that?...oh, and interviews and reviews and who knows..it may end up on a pretty little endcap at one of those big bookstores...Kiernan, it's like being born and now we're going to see what happens to you as you grow up...or, you can go to the end of your story where it says the end and that will be the end of it. I don't think you'd want to do that, would you? To be truthful, I'd like to hear about what everyone is saying about your story...so...as the song goes...it's only just begun...

Nigel said...

Kiernan,
If she's anything like Sandy, Jen will have you busier now than before. Trust me.

It's insane.

She's even got my mother managing a blog now! But it was nice to bring Mother here and help teach her all the nuances of electronic media. She loves doing new things.

I suppose my message to you is to watch out for the jobs you're about to be handed. (Although, I must say, you'll probably enjoy them more than you realize...)

All my best,
Nigel

Kiernan said...

Dorothy, you make my head spin with all that you have listed. Thank the gods I know it is not the beginning or after-effects of a fit -- I stand corrected, a seizure -- but rather feeling overwhelmed by what you suggest. May it come to be, though, because that would mean it is a success.

Be well.

Kiernan

Kiernan said...

Nigel,

In truth, a few new jobs would be preferable to this being idle. I will heed your warning, though. Tapadh..

Be well.

Kiernan