Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Amused

Since we finished my particular story, I have wondered what Jen would choose to work on next. She has a wide variety of ideas that could go any number of ways.

I wondered if she would go back to straight fantasy, which she started out writing and which she still likes to read.

She is not.

I wondered if she would go with one of the ideas she has for a romance story set in your modern times.

Again, she is not.

What is she doing?

She is starting another story on my family. This one is set to feature my however-many-times-great-grandson (her wording, not mine) Sean. Indeed, 'tis the same Sean as who used to haunt the west tower.

I cannot adequately explain it. I will copy something Jen said about it here instead.

Sean Maguire is the new duke of Beinn. He has memories of a previous “life” but he had never been actually born. He was the ghost who had haunted the west tower 100 years before. In this actual life, he will be forced to marry the MacDermott’s clan-chief’s daughter in order to (hopefully) stop the fighting/raiding between those two clans and their allies.

Aidan MacDermott is considered a witch in her clan, which has mostly gone over to the new religion (Christianity). What better way to get rid of her than to marry her off to a “heathen” clan? She’s psychic (not a witch) but largely follows the new religion herself until she spends some time in the Maguire stronghold.

I do not like the idea of any in my family, in my clan, marrying the enemy. I wish I did not have to stand for it. But 'tis not my choice to make. I can see the wisdom in such a decision, but that does not mean I have to like it.

Be well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aloha Kiernan,

It seems my creator has jumped on the bandwagon of creating a home for her characters on the Net. Why she didn't do it sooner, I'll never know. It's been a few years since my story was released. I have grown a little older (well, early 20's)and run a very special place on the island of my birth.

I wanted to stop by (via my creator's blog), say hello, and welcome you to our modern world. (placing a lei around your neck).

I hope you enjoy your stay.

~ Mattie

Anonymous said...

Hey Kiernan,

That name is too cool. I bet my creator will be adding that to her list of Boys Names (if she hasn't already). So, I see my good friend has paid you a visit already. (waving to Mattie). She didn't mention this, but our creator is YA (that stands for Young Adult, by the way. Teenagers. 13-18) author Celise Downs. She might've visited you by now. She loves this kind of stuff.

So, yeah, she roped Mattie and I into doing the whole blog thing. I think we both wanted to kill her (not really) for suggesting it. Mattie runs a special place for traumatized victims in beautiful Hawaii and I'm in college and working! When are we going to have the time to blog, for heavens sakes?! But we couldn't let her down, so here we are.

And here YOU are, Kier. Welcome to the new world. I'll be back to visit again soon. Be sure to stop by my place sometime. You might get a kick out of Disney World. LOL

Kiernan said...

Thank you and welcome, Mattie. Though, I have to ask, what is a lei? Since I hail from 7th century Ireland, such a concept is foreign to me.

Be well.

Kiernan

Kiernan said...

Skylar,

Thank you for the explanation of YA. I confess to being partial to my name. 'Tis a strong one that was chosen well.

If your creator is interested, mine has given me what she calls a link to a site where she found many names. It is http://www.mybirthcare.com/favorites/babynames.asp?customerID=1017854372.

Be well.

Kiernan

Anonymous said...

Aloha Kiernan,

I should have explained what a lei is. My bad. It's a necklace of fresh flowers that all visitors get when they visit my home, the island of Hawai'i. Actually, it's made up of several islands. My birthplace, and where I currently live, is Kahului (the north shore of Maui). It's a lot to take in at first, but I'm sure Jen would be happy to explain. You and Maeb would love it here.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kier,

Thanks for the link, but Celise already has a list that she uses. Sometimes. She reads A LOT of romance books and watches A LOT of T.V. (Jen explained television to you, right?) and she got some of her names from there. She kinda had a job like Jen's where she saw a lot of names. She wrote down the more unique ones. I think she used a name book, too.

Anyhow, glad to know more of your kin might be showing up soon. Very cool. I'm still trying to figure how this blog thing works (I'm used to writing in a book, like a diary), but I will definitely have to add you to my Links. (Celise says she's already done so).

Take care