Sunday, April 22, 2007

It Makes My Head Spin

We have started going over my story, to revise it and fill in any holes that might have been left the first time around.

I am not a man of thoughts. I am not a writer. Aye, I can read and write, but I do not spend a lot of time doing either of these. I do. I am rarely idle.

In a way, I envy people who do such things. Sometimes it seems this type of work is more difficult than the physical activity I am accustomed to.

Condensing almost 300 pages into a 3-4 page summarization, for example, is not something I could do. But it seems Jen has done so very well although she claims it needs work.

It is my experience that very little comes out perfectly done the first time through, regardless of what it is.

Be well.

2 comments:

GeminiWisdom said...

"It is my experience that very little comes out perfectly done the first time through, regardless of what it is." This is very true, Kiernan. And even though I read thru my third book, and it's been professionally edited, apparently it still needs work.

GeminiWisdom said...

Hello Kiernan,

Just wanted to let you know that Skylar and Mattie have gotten way too busy with their lives to stick around on here and their blogs have been removed. Didn't want you to have any dead links in your blogroll.

However, you should see another one of my girls any time now. She'll be around for a while.